When I find something to eat that I love, I really LOVE it. I can eat it everyday for a month straight unlike Chris who hates the idea of repeating a meal two days in a row. Not me. I am a creature of habit when it comes to eating.
I love the combo of coconut, chocolate and the freeze dried berries. Though It was a little on the sweet for my taste so I decided to make my own!
I wish I could give some to Lyra but because it has honey and chocolate in it I’ll wait until after she turns one. She’s been a really adventurous eater! I basically feed her anything I’m eating. Lately she’s gotten into hummus, pizza (crusts only!), chicken, and kale.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped freeze dried strawberries
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk melted coconut oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla in a small bowl and pour over oat mixture until well combined.
- Spread granola on a baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in chocolate chips. Let cool for 1 hour. (This helps create clusters of granola!) Add in freeze dried strawberries.
- Store in an airtight container.