I couldn’t believe how easy this dish was to put together and how delicious it was. The curry powder, garam masala and coconut milk packs in a lot of flavor. I almost feel like I shouldn’t even post it because it’s so easy. But I like easy and I think others do too 🙂 Plus the last couple of weeks have been b-a-n-a-n-a-s for me so recipes like this are much needed.
Hope you all will try this out!
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
Recipe slightly adapted from The Lemon Bowl
- 3/4 cup coconut milk, light
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- Juice of 1 lemon
- cilantro for garnish
*In the bottom of a slow cooker, whisk together coconut milk, chicken stock, tomato sauce, curry powder, garam masala, cayenne, and salt.
*Add chicken breasts, onion, chickpeas, and sweet potatoes. Give it a good stir to ensure everything is coated evenly.
*Cook on low for 7 hours.
*Stir in peas and lemon juice just before serving. Serve over rice or naan and top with cilantro.