Yup, I totally forgot what the cold was like. Landing in NY last Wednesday with a long tee, tights and flats certainly is not a winter appropriate outfit, especially with an inch of snow on the ground. Luckily its been warm and humid the past couple of days (67 degrees F yesterday!!).
Things I learned schlepping a wedding dress on an airplane across the country:
- There is no good place to hang your wedding dress while going to the bathroom.
- Some people will get excited when they see you are carrying a wedding dress but mostly everyone is annoyed that you are taking up all the overhead compartment space.
- Your wedding dress cannot serve as a blanket and must be stowed…
- It also cannot be placed on the dozen of empty seats available…
- My dress fits in the overheard compartment if folded over twice.
I’m happy to report the dress made it in one piece albeit, in need of a good press and steaming!
Yesterday the whole fam (+Billy) went on a walk along the Hudson river during dusk. It was still pretty even though the snow had melted.
Its been so nice to be home. On Friday, my brother and I went into the city. I went to yoga with Rosie and did a little Christmas shopping at Chelsea Market – such great finds. I wanted everything.
I’m going to take a break from blogging to enjoy being home. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!